Pages

Friday, January 2, 2015

The One Where I Introduce Myself and My Space

My name is Kimberly McKinstry. I am a crafter and artist, foodie, decorator, wife and mom of 3 boys.  On this blog I hope to be able to share my many adventures with you and offer some advice for your endeavors.
I recently built a studio area in my house so that the crafting  supplies were no longer a permanent fixture on the dinner table. The room I took over was a bonus room above our garage. My father, who is so crafty with building things, really helped me put this space together. He built all the cabinets and shelving in this room. I have an area dedicated to jewelry, sewing, relaxing, and painting.  It's a little slice of heaven.



This is my sewing area.
My dad built these very shallow bookshelves to hold some of my paints and mediums that I want quick access to. 

Here is a view of my painting area. You can see my adjustable wall easel that my Dad built, as well as my drawing table with camera mounted on ceiling.  
A closer look at my table.
It is still a work in progress and will change as my needs change. I recently added a cute Ikea rolling cart and a bookshelf to hold all my inspiration books and magazines. 

No comments:

Post a Comment